Re: (TV) Gruesome confessions

On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 9:34 PM, grntg <grntg@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Previously, I have referred to Joanna Newsome as 'the Gruesome' one in
> regards to her voice and I recall even writing a long, sarcasm dripped
> review of her video the sprout and the bean.  It's reckoning time.  Tonight
> I ordered the 3 cd opus, I heard enough of it on youtube, I kept coming back
> to it and it is not available on my napster subscription (I still believe in
> music so I pay for it rather than ripping it from torrents) that I changed
> my mind that the Gruesome one is really the awsesome one, or it just may be
> that I have a penchant for artists that can't sing?

I never had as much of a problem with her voice (not that I love it) so much
as her insufferable pretension, and I can't imagine that a 3-CD set is going
to disavow me of that complaint.  While I don't necessarily doubt any
individual who claims to like her, there really is an aura around her of
being an artist that you're supposed to feel like you have to act like you
like even if you don't, or else you'll come off as narrow minded.  No time
for that at my age; makes me want to listen to old Pere Ubu instead.