(TV) OT: Roxy Music, Needle in Haystack/K. Richards

"I hope this e-mail doesn't break any MM -List ground rules/policy.

I have run into a brick-wall looking for a particular cd; I know there are a few Roxy Music
fans on this List besides Keith and Scott Simpson.

For the past 3 months, I have been looking in vain for a 4-cd box set of Roxy Music that is
"out of print"; it's entitled "The Thrill Of It All" (not to be confused with the dvd of the
same name).

I have searched every used cd store in Metro Boston (and Providence, R.I.) as well as e-bay,
and used cd-stores' web-sites.

Amazon.com has several  used copies but the cheapest one goes for $450 (not a typo)!   This is
well beyond my budget.

To make matters worse, I am only really interested-in/need disc 4, which includes the *only
existing digital versions* of several Roxy rarities (e.g., 'Angel Eyes ' extended-play version
6:37, B-sides of singles, etc.).

If anyone has this box-set, please contact me off-list; I am interested in either buying it
outright or making some arrangement(s) to get a Lossless cd-r copy of disc 4, or to get a
lossless version of disc 4 uploaded by you to some web-site.

I can pay $ or trade you something from my extensive collection(s).

Leo

PS: Just finished Keith Richard' memoir, "Life" from library.
It was not as great as I had expected given its serious reviews, e.g., can be pretty
repetitious; I guess repetition goes with being a heroin addict for 12 yrs and a rock god for
45 yrs.  Still....  I'd  give it a B to B+; most interesting parts for me were long segments on
his family life/children and that he was a Boy Scout.

Musicians on List might be surprised to learn that Richards has relied heavily (almost
exclusively[?]) since 1968 on 'open tuning' and use of 5-string electric guitars!.  A shocker
(at least for me):  there are no electric guitars (except bass) on 'Jumpin' Jack Flash'.

"He did what we all do.
He went about his dull routine
as if all the days in the world
were still to come".