Re: (TV) OT: Roxy Music, Needle in Haystack/K. Richards

Agree completely about Patti's book "Just Kids." Well written and a
surprisingly intimate view into her and Mapplethorpe's 'coming of age.' Offers
some cool insight into the art and music that flowed from both. Might be
slightly lame (but that's how I roll ) but not long after I read the book I
watched the Dylan doc "No Way Home." The next week I found myself on a flight
to NYC and spent the next day on my own little version of a Village walking
tour, "connecting" some of the landmark dots mentioned in the book and
doc. Hadn't been to the Varvatos store before either - btw - weird,
sad, surreal, eerie ... did I say weird?!?

I also (finally) read "Please Kill Me" last month on Holiday. Wow! I only
thought I understood! I'll probably be processing info from the book for a
while yet but it's without a doubt the best cause and effect telling I've ever
read of anything ... much less my most beloved music. Tons of great TV-related
info too!