Re: (TV) Drumbo remembers Don

On 08/01/2011 11:49, Graham Urquhart wrote:
Thanks Jesse best and informed obit for the Captain i've read. Haven't read Drumbo's book yet but will chase it down now.

It's a great read and it's obvious that without French much of the Beefheart we love would not really have happened. French seems torn between the view that Beefheart was a genius and the view that he was a bullying, unreasonable, arrogant, greedy liar. When I'd finished the book I didn't really like Beefheart any less but I didn't really like French, with his endless whining and his christian whackjob nonsense, at all.