Re: (TV) Re: Patti and Tom

On 14/04/2011 16:11, Joe Hartley wrote:
That doesn't surprise me. I've seen her perform a half-dozen times,
and briefly met her once, and there's *something* about her.  I'd
probably stab myself if she asked (not that her gentle self would
ever do that).
I'm with you Joe. I can't put my finger on it either but when she hits the stage, it is not too trite to say that she generates a' prescence' that very few other performers can generate. Tom Waits is probably the only other one for me who hits the same intensity. It is also clear through Patti's various writings that she has enormous respect for Tom as a musician and human being which i guess must be mutual as she seems to be one of the few capable of galvanising Tom into action.

Welcome Deb. If you have any problem getting The Wire feature let me know as I have a copy of this.

Graham