Re: (TV) Re: Bomb mag update/KFMU

--- On Fri, 4/15/11, Rex Broome <rexbroome@gmail.com> wrote:

From: Rex Broome <rexbroome@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: (TV) Re: Bomb mag update
To: tv@obbard.com
Date: Friday, April 15, 2011, 6:08 PM

That WFMU show was FANTASTIC.  I'm sure that to some it was bizarre, but I
loved it; I really like weird lost "space age pop" recordings.  If I
remember correctly, he also played the Bob McFadden & Dor record that was
the basis for "Blank Generation", called "Beat Generation"... the album also
contains the original version of "I'm a Mummy", best known as a Fall cover.

I don't have the leisure time to pursue weird thrift shop music like Tom
does, but I get where's coming from.  Daddy-o.

haha...that's cool that you liked that program.  I hadn't realized about the
'Blank Generation' and the 'Beat Generation' connection before.  I looked also
at the song you said "I'm a Mummy' on YouTube and The Fall's version of it.
Never knew of that before either.  I noticed that on YouTube they have up the
'Beat Generation' by Rod McKuen and someone mentions on there that the Dor
from Bob McFadden and Dor is Rod McKuen.  I'm sure prob everyone on here
already knew that...but, well, it's new to me.

All this music that Tom likes, I wonder if he was a fan of Dr. Demento. haha
And when I started listening to that program , I thought I had the wrong one
as it started w/ that New Guinea music and I'm thinking....wtf?  haha

-

AND yesterday, I spend 2 whole hrs...yes, that's right, 2 hrs listening to