Re: (TV) big star's "third" most expensive RSD item ever on ebay

some technical notes on this release:

"Mastered by Larry Nix [who engineered, mixed, and pressed the original at
Ardent Studios in 1975] at L. Mix Mastering located at Ardent Studios,
Memphis, TN (February 2011).  Cut from the original analog assembly reel, on
the same lathe that cut the original test pressing."

isn't that just the sort of detail this list thrives on?  (or, at least,
coughs up from time to time.)

there are also great reproductions of the original tracking sheets, lead
sheets and mastering cards, taken from the ardent archives.

i can't speak to how other versions of this were mastered -- i think there
have been a number of variations.  i can say this one sounds great.