Re: (TV) Re: Horses

--- On Tue, 4/19/11, robin dunn <rdunnrn@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: robin dunn <rdunnrn@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: (TV) Re: Horses
To: tv@obbard.com
Date: Tuesday, April 19, 2011, 3:15 PM

i've read the book, it's well done.  it does talk a bit about all of patti's
"boys" being in the studio together (tom and allen).  but i hardly think
lanier was in a position to criticize to harshly for infidelity.

i just read the 33 1/3 on "horses" -- lots of theory, some of it quite
conjectural (and frankly, i think, to academic).

there's new patti bio due out in august:

http://www.amazon.com/Dancing-Barefoot-Patti-Smith-Story/dp/1569763259/ref=sr
_1_20?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1303251174&sr=1-20

i hope it's better than the bockris bio, which i didn't love.

Thanks for that Robin.  I'm revisiting this album as I was familiar w/ the
album before just for the music listening.  I didn't know all the interesting
characters involved and wasn't even aware of who Tom even was at the
time...unfortunately.

D.