Re: (TV) Re: Tom as a punk

--- On Sun, 5/1/11, Rex Broome <rexbroome@gmail.com> wrote:

From: Rex Broome <rexbroome@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: (TV) Re: Tom as a punk
To: tv@obbard.com
Date: Sunday, May 1, 2011, 9:14 AM

On Sun, May 1, 2011 at 9:05 AM, postitnote <postitnote@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> But Tom never felt that he fit into the punk/CBGB scene.  And I notice that
> he
> reads books about different composers and all.  He maybe feels more of a
> kinship w/ people like that than the rock 'n roll world of his contempories
> of
> the Blank Generation.
>
> Would you guys agree w/ this?  This connects a bit to your earlier
> conversation.

Yes.  But that's also sort of a "punk rock" attitude for him to have...

Certainly he was more important to that scene than it was to him.  That's
often true of the real originals in any artistic field...

-Rex

I was trying to think of others from that scene that Tom was friends w/ or
hung out w/.  Other than his band-mates and Terry Ork and Patti,  I couldn't
think of any others.  Can you think of anyone else he liked from that scene?

D.