Re: (TV) Really, Tom, I don't believe you

On Sun, May 1, 2011 at 2:10 PM, postitnote <postitnote@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> --- On Sun, 5/1/11, Russ <russvr@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> One interview I heard and he said he didn't care about the guitar and never
> did. haha  that's funny...

I've seen quotes to that effect, too.  I've also read J. Mascis saying he
doesn't even like the guitar as an instrument.

To a certain extent I get why these guys say stuff like that... maybe they
just don't want to be identified with the wankers who just blather on and on
about nothing but guitar tech and technique to the exclusion of any other
kind of artistry.  They just don't want to be thought of, or to think of
themselves, in that sort of Yngvie mold.  But on the other hand, they're
also full of shit... they obsess over guitar stuff a lot, obviously.