Re: (TV) Picture of T.V.s Freezin' 1970s' Apt.

Not army surplus or Japanese, they are just some generic canvas cheap shoes. They do not last long though. They were the last shoe anyone would want to be caught wearing when I was a teenager growing up in NYC.

What are those funny slip-on rubber rimmed shoes Tom favored? I used
to see those or something like them back in the day, but don't see
them any more. Are they Japanese? Are they Army surplus? If I started
to wear them at my advanced age would my arches collapse ( any more
than they already have from wear converse high tops all my life) ?
Inquiring minds probably could care less but I want to know :-D !