From: Leo Casey <LeoCasey@comcast.net>
Subject: Tom liked black / RE: (TV) Picture of T.V.s Freezin' 1970s'  Apt.
To: tv@obbard.com
Date: Sunday, May 22, 2011, 8:14 AM

I'd agree with Dennis that Tom probably wore them because they were
so inexpensive. But I bet another important factor was because of their color,
namely black.

During his Fall of 1981 and Spring 1982 Dreamtime Tour, I saw him at 5 shows
in Massachusetts and NYC and he always had on those black canvas shoes,
along with, more often than not, black jeans and a black t-shirt.  And
whenever
he'd use something in the middle of a show to wipe sweat from the neck of his
guitar between songs, it was always an old, ripped *black* t-shirt.

And Dennis, I'm doing great.

: > )