From: Phil Obbard <pobbard@yahoo.com>
Subject: (TV) Discussing and trading bootlegs on the list
To: tv@obbard.com
Date: Tuesday, May 24, 2011, 8:42 AM

All,

I'm not opposed to discussing bootlegs and other unauthorized recordings on
the
list. That's fine. If people refer to a recording available on a popular
Torrent
site somewhere, that's fine, too. If people want to debate the sound quality
of
certain circulating recordings vs. others, I can live with that.

What I'm not as excited about is the inevitable slide towards people posting
their trade lists on the list. That gets noisy (lots of bandwidth), fast, and
tends to make the list less interesting for people reading it (too much
deleting, not enough reading).

But I'm open to counterarguments. I certainly have no philosophical objection,
as long as any actual trades are off-list.

What do other people think?

--Phil