Re: (TV) Richard speaks on FB

Seems to me such proclamations by Richard have to be taken with a grain of salt.
As has come up on the list before, Richard apparently has bipolar disorder
(http://www.obbard.com/tvlist-archive/0910/msg00018.html and
http://www.obbard.com/tvlist-archive/0910/msg00028.html), which may make him
prone to exaggerated statements and behavior - as when he claimed that the Sufi
Monkeys record would be as artistically strong as Axis: Bold as Love, Patti
Smith's Horses, or, yes, Marquee Moon, among others
(http://mog.com/Mackenzie_P/blog/86429).

That's not to say that everything Richard says in the remarks Phil quotes is
wrong. But I find it bizarre to make it sound like Tom uses Billy and Fred as
sidemen only because he's contractually obligated to if he wants to call the
band Television. Tom, it seems to me, has shown indifference to using the name
Television over the years, and he's happily worked with Billy and, especially,
Fred in other musical contexts.

- Jesse