Re: (TV) Richard speaks on FB

On Sun, Jun 12, 2011 at 7:34 PM, Jesse Hochstadt <jesseh58@yahoo.com> wrote:

> That's not to say that everything Richard says in the remarks Phil quotes
> is
> wrong. But I find it bizarre to make it sound like Tom uses Billy and Fred
> as
> sidemen only because he's contractually obligated to if he wants to call
> the
> band Television. Tom, it seems to me, has shown indifference to using the
> name
> Television over the years, and he's happily worked with Billy and,
> especially,
> Fred in other musical contexts.

It's worth mentioning, too, that, agendas aside, all this stuff happened a
long time ago and in many cases many out-of-body experiences ago, so even
the most honest attempt to reconstruct it is tough.  It struck me on
reflection that Richard Hell would have been much likelier to be concerned
about a jazzy drummer than Tom...