Re: (TV) Richard speaks on FB/Billy's drumming

I was thinking more of a jazz sensibility rather than a genre bound
description so yeah probably more jazzy than jazz.  Particularly in the
way he uses the kit which is arguably closer to someone like Ed
Blackwell or Hamid Drake (fills, rolls, hi-hat) than a lot of
straight-ahead rock tub thumpers. :-) Also that beautiful sense of space
and he can clearly improvise.  Anway, I don't recall reading any article
where Billy talks about his influences so I may be way off beam here!

Also this is apparently coming out this year from Jim Tisdall:
/
/In production for 2011:/
Some Time/
Classic free jazz and classic classical from Jim Tisdall with Allan
Gittler and Billy Ficca from circa 1980.
Playing on the amazing Gittler guitar and bass, with Billy Ficca
("Television") on drums.
http://www.jimtisdall.com/

Graham