RE: Egads! / RE: (TV) Setlist Beco/Television as comics

Indeed it does. What kind of whining is that? Can't we all be like one big
happy family due to the fact that at least SOME new music is produced, onstage
and possibly in recorded form? Can't we all agree about that a possible new
Television record at least just CAN'T be as monumentally meaningless than
Lloyd's Hendrix LP? That one that kept me from down-loading the most recent
Lloyd effort -- that one that made me say "enough is enough, Mr Lloyd!"

Still waiting for my copy of the "Marquee Moon" book to be delivered from
Amazon U.K., but they were quicker to send me the first of the four-part
comics volume called "CBGB OMFUG", published by Boom! Town. A sample can be
seen here
http://comicbookrealm.com/previews/1524/boom-studios_cbgb-omfug_issue_2 (it
says that this excerpt is from issue #2, but it's actually from the first
one). My attached bad cell-phone photo shows our heroes -- yes, Television in
its earliest form is displayed in one of the nine chapters; only Richard Hell
has a line, though. Every chapter deals with the rock club one way or another.
I don't know much about comics, but the content seems to be of artistic merit
and the scripts are well-developed and funny in a strange way. Definitely an
entertaining quick-read. I would stretch it to say that to people who
regularly, like me, by books about this New York era, it's a mandatory read.

Leif J, Sweden