Re: (TV) Mtv brasil interview/Pretzel

I finally got around to watching this interview today. I agree with previous
comments -- Leo, I also find Tom's lack of a drawl surprising -- and was
struck by how almost effusive (in relative terms) Tom is on camera. It's clear
that he has a long, comfortable friendship with Jimmy. Wouldn't it be ironic
if what it took to get a 4th Television record was substituting Jimmy for
Richard Lloyd?

Funny that they have to use "Call Mr. Lee" as the centerpiece
of the first clip because, as the VJ notes, that's the only video Television
ever made... agree with Keith that the track is really Richard's showpiece
(and probably the most "classic" track on the 1992 LP) so it's an odd choice.
Even stranger to see the "Summer Cannibals" video -- I knew Tom played on GONE
AGAIN but (1) forgot he was on this track and (2) had never seen the video.
like how Tom tries to give away the microphone when the Ramones question comes
up....

Seems to me that more than one author has tried to get Tom on record
for a book unsuccessfully, so Tom's problem is (at least in part) of his own
making. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for his "Just Kids".

Juxtaposing
1992 Tom (in "Call Mr.  Lee") to 2011 Tom reminds me of the importance of
dental care.

--Phil