From: leif joley <leifjoley@hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: (TV) Verlaine idol gets the Nobel Prize
To: tv@obbard.com
Date: Thursday, October 6, 2011, 3:56 PM

Never seen that before, so thanks Graham! Very brief mentioning of
Transtromer, though... Perhaps I stretched it a bit too far, this with
Verlaine's expressed admiration for our poet in interviews -- if, for
instance, Deb has read intreviews without remembering that Tomas
Transtromer's
name popped up here and there. It MIGHT be that Transtromer was brought on
the
table in company of Swedish journalists solely. Verlaine toured here '82,
'84,
'87 and '89 (those were the days!) and also promoted himself by speaking to
the press -- and perhaps this was a subject that he liked to speak with
Swedes
about. Leif J, Sweden
 > Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2011 21:44:49 +0100
> From: gurquhart@madasafish.com
> To: tv@obbard.com
> Subject: Re: (TV) Verlaine idol gets the Nobel Prize
>
> This has probably been posted before but Verlaine mentions Transtromer
> in this 'literary conversation with Tom Verlaine'.
>
> http://www.dustedmagazine.com/features/496
>
> Graham
>
> On 06/10/2011 14:41, postitnote wrote:
> > Thank you so much for this info, I didn't know about this person.  Well,
I've
> > prob read Tom mention him before as I've read so many Tom articles but
the
> > name didn't stick as I was not familiar w/ him at all.  But it's most
> > interesting that you say he was a big influence on Tom, lyric-wise, cuz
just
> > as much as I love Tom's music, it's his unique take on lyrics that also
really
> > pulls me in.
> >
> > D.

environmentally-themed
> > poetry could easily do so: he's been translated into English by his
American