Stretched & Cafe au Lait / RE: (TV) Verlaine idol gets the Nobel Prize

Regarding your "Perhaps I stretched it a bit too far, this with
Verlaine's expressed admiration for our poet in interviews -- if, for
instance, Deb has read interviews without remembering that Tomas
Transtromer's name popped up here and there. It MIGHT be that Transtromer
was brought on the table in company of Swedish journalists solely."

Leif, I don't think you stretched it.  Here's a non-Swedish Verlaine
reference to Transtromer:

>From the Pamphlet "Quote/Unquote", in a conversation with Dutch
poet-journalist Hendrik Gelder (1986):

Gelder: "But you're widely read in poetry".

Verlaine:  Not so much really... especially recently... sure there were
times like in the early 70s when one made discoveries... Lorca, the
Frenchies, there's a Swede... Tomas Transtromer... who I still like..." --
>From Leo:
There's a bunch of literary influences/interests of TV.

A few other writers, movies, directors TV has mentioned (albeit doesn't
always mean they influenced him or his music): in addition to the Symbolist
poets, people like Lorca, Tomas Transtromer (a Swede), the 13th-century
Iranian Sufi poet, Rumi (esp. his "Night and Sleep"), and Lautremont

The novels of Janet Hobhouse;  Lewis Thomas' books on biology, and medicine
or some of Thomas' manic psychology texts; writings of pianist Glenn Gould;
literary criticism:  Foucault and Baudrillard.

Movies: "Ciel et la boue, Le" (1960); "Stevie" (about a poet starring Glenda
Jackson, 1982?); "The Last Wave" (1980); and "Wild River" (1960)

and directors: Alan Rudolph, Sam Fuller, Peter Weir, and Elia Kazan.

Miscellaneous influences: Duchamp, Varese, Ravel, Sibelius, Henry Mancini,
soundtracks to old tv shows, an 18th century book on tulips.

and THE most important of all his secret weapons/influences:  a daily cafe
au lait