Re: (TV) ...and another TV fan emerges

On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 16:36:52 -0700
Rex Broome <rexbroome@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 3:32 PM, Emilie <emilie.t.hsu@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Get that baby a guitar.  Now!  In fact, get him two!
>

> Strat, stat!

Knowing Richard's love of the Strat(*), this makes perfect sense to me.

(*) Richard produced and played on Bibi Farber's fantastic Firepop
album that shows her on the cover with a Rickenbacker and Ampeg amp.
She sold the Rick after Richard convinced her that the Strat is the
One True Rock Guitar.  I *really* wish I could have bought it.  I already
have the Ampeg!

Fun story: I recorded an album for some friends earlier this year and one
of their songs was pretty punk and really called for a very heavily
distorted guitar.  We used a Rick and the Ampeg and it souunded
*fantastic*.  People who have heard the song have asked what effects we
used on the guitar and don't want to believe the answer is none :)