RE: (TV) joshua fought the battle of jericho

I *do* like the instrumental records (and actually prefer "Around" to
"Songs..."); also have no problem with the cause, the sound of the guitar or
the standard of the singing. It's the solo that bothers me. Totally aimless.
Like a rehearsal. I can't be the only one who've thought of Verlaine's soloing
on the songs up to at least "Flash Light" to be *definite*, they are carved in
stone, they should be *exactly* like they are. From "The Wonder", the solos
have been a very mixed bag. From the instrumental records, I expect this kind
of free-form playing -- I even enjoy it. With songs, I expect something else
than this. Could be my lack of understanding Verlaine's current ouevre, of
course. Perhaps this is admirable and experimental and avantgarde, after all.

Leif J, Sweden