(TV) Mapplethorpe's Original Brazilian Interv. Patti & the Romans / RE: (TV) "MM" mentioned in Greek Mapplethorpe exhibit

Leif,

Maybe I mis-read Claudia screenshot of the blog posted here a few weeks ago.
But it was the blogger, himself, who fantasized about T.V.'s testicles; it
was the blogger himself who was into 'tea-bagging' (not T.V.) as the blogger
was a creepy voyeur when T.V. used the public shower room at the private
swimming pool with which the blogger also had a private membership.
[Claudia please chime in if you read this.]

Not saying it's not possible T.V. has some sexual fetishes of his own given
his many female admirers over his long career--especially during his 1988
tour as warm up act for The Church.

Re:  the Mapplethorpe cover:  I'm willing to take Richard Lloyd' word for it
that it was he who actually went to the NYC 'Copying-store', and told them
to use their color Zerox-machine to deliberately distort the original
Mapplethorpe version.

However, if you remember any of the sometimes hilarious interview (video)
Tom gave to the young Brazilian MTV[?] interviewer this July, Verlaine
cleared up a few misconceptions of the young Brazilian:  1) it was not Patti
Smith's idea that Mapplethorpe do the cover of MM; and 2) T.V (and at least
one other member of Television) disliked Mapplethorpe's original.  I believe
T.V. said in the Brazilian interv: "We hated it." ... and so it was decided
to alter it.

Leif, are/were you in Greece as part of a vacation, and if so did the recent
extraordinary financial woe of Greece make such a vacation relatively cheap?

Did the exhibit have any sculptures or photos of Venus De Milo?

And last but not least:
I have always considered Greece's ancient culture superior to Roman culture
---the latter being primarily just very clever at winning military campaigns
than advancing civilization  (ok, I'll give them the arch) ... albeit the
famous Greeks philosophers' , esp. Aristotle's incredibly stupid ideas set
back science until the Renaissance in Europe.  However, as cruel as the
Romans were, they were into shaving off all of their bodily hair except for
that on their heads.  So they probably would have stoned Patti to death if
they had seen her in that toga!

Leo  (who will use the excuse of taking up drinking coffee again after
several years abstinence as his excuse for this e-mail [smile].)