Re: Thought Greg Might or Should Know Chords / RE: (TV) WTF, Tom?

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 4:59 PM, grntg <grntg@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I could never figure those out and I think the
> chords Rex is looking for are more a result of studio magic (the notes Leo
> sent from dreamtime sad Verlaine was doing a lot of tape splicing, awesome
> notes and I enjoyed the background of the making of dreamtime).  I guess
> the
> real test would be to listen to some boots of theres a reason live and see
> if
> those special chords made their way to the stage.

Just listened to Ritz, NY,  6/4/82, Soundboard... it's hard to tell, but it
sounds like some of those voicings are used, occasionally and with a
slightly different rhythm, by the second guitarist, which would be... who,
does anyone know?  Fliegler, Ripp or other?  Basically I think those chords
are just some mutant funk chords way the hell up the neck.  They could be
regarded almost as a "lead" part in a sense... it's a cluster of very high
notes being uses mostly as punctuation.

-Rex