Re: (TV) "CGBG" - more info!

There are kind of two routes these things go, one being depictions of a
"scene" with the actual bands represented ("24 Hour Party People" comes to
mind) or the "parallel universe" kind of things like "Velvet Goldmine".
 Assuming this is the former, since it's based around the "real" club, you
won't see any fictitious combination/representative bands like "Televating
Heads".  I would guess the focus will be pretty much in this order:

1. Punky punk rock which normal people actually remember and is punky.
 Ramones.
2. The bands who made it big / sold out, depending on whom you ask.
 Blondie, Talking Heads.
3. The hard-living and tragic side of things.  I would expect Johnny
Thunders to loom large, and perhaps Hell.
4. The artsy side of things.  Pretty much Patti.
5. A bunch of more famous British bands cashing in and crashing the party.
6. Everybody else relegated to cameos.  Television very much included. If
anyone from Television is heavily featured it'll be Hell (see above).

Could be wrong.  But that's my impression of how it'll go down.