Re: (TV) Richard is in the hospital

Keith wrote:

> On 13/06/2012 18:46, Bob Beatty wrote:
> > suggests alcohol&/ordrugs
> > over-indulgence rather than some other physical illness.
> > Maybe the tour's
> > been cancelled so Lloyd can do a  rehab. program.
> I wouldn't jump to any such conclusions.

I agree with Keith. My own guess, based on long experience, is that Richard is manic. But really, I don't think anyone is absolutely clear about the meaning of such terms, and whether there are clear distinctions between manic depression or bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, schizo-affective disorder, and so on. I think what he needs is loving care, including a good diet, and, quite possibly, large doses of niacin (http://orthomolecular.org/nutrients/b3.html). I believe the work of Abram Hoffer in this area (http://orthomolecular.org/history/hoffer/index.shtml) is very significant.

I fear that Richard's doctors will want to put him on a long course of psychotropic drugs.

I wish Richard all the best...

--JoeT