Re: (TV) Richard is in the hospital

Well, whether he's bipolar or not, Lloyd has some history of addiction to
substances too, does he not? He was seen drinking that night, & the reviewer
who wrote about the show

saw what seemed to him clear signs of being
fucked-up intoxicated , not just being manic.In the '70s, Hell wasn't the only
junkie in Television, although Tom would apparently speak publicly only of
Hell's addictions after Hell left the band. Asfar as I know, Tom avoided
talking publicly about Lloyd's heroin addiction (which was well documented in
''Please Kill Me'').

It's  true many people with substance habits are
self-medicating for underlying emotional problems, or for biochemical or
neurotransmitter imbalances
such as bipolar disorder seems to be.But with
someone who's bipolar who also has a substance addiction, the physical
addiction itself can become yet another problem needing to be dealt with too
via detox/rehab.Maybe Lloyd has used substances to self-medicate for his
bi-polar condition, & maybe addiction to those substances has also become
second problem for him at times.

Perhaps Lloyd's in hospital now being
treated only for bipolar disorder, as Keith seems to suggest.But since Lloyd
also has a history substance addictions,
& reportedly appeared quite
intoxicated to people who saw him the night he was taken to hospital, he might
be in for detox., or in for detox. & treatment for bipolar, both.
I don't see
how one can rule out the substances aspect untilmore details come out about
what's happening with Lloyd exactly. Anyway, I wish him the best, & hope he's
in better health & able to tour again soon. (I wish he'd play my town someday.
As far as I know, he's never played here).