Re: (TV) "CGBG": New talents casted; still no Verlaine

If only Tom had had the forethought to have a wank into the chili...

-----Original Message-----
From: Rex Broome <rexbroome@gmail.com>
To: tv <tv@obbard.com>
Sent: Fri, Jun 15, 2012 2:42 pm
Subject: Re: (TV) "CGBG": New talents casted; still no Verlaine

On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 6:24 AM, Keith Allison <keith@thewonder.co.uk>wrote:

> On 15/06/2012 14:09, leif joley wrote:
>
>> So -- with ten days to go before the cameras start to roll in Georgia,
>> there's
>> still no actors picked as Verlaine
>>
> I guess if they're really going for authenticity, they'll have to get an
> actor who is only motivated by the money, keeps the rest of the cast
> waiting for 5 or 6 years before he agrees to do it and then won't rehearse
> until they're actually on set and the cameras are rolling. :)
>
> I have a suspicion it will end up as The Patti Smith and Blondie Show with
> maybe the Ramones and the Dolls as light relief.

But they've cast Stiv and so the Dead Boys will feature... their story
might be a little more punk-rock colorful than Televisions, but surely
they're a much less remembered and revered band than our boys?

I actually very much agree with most of the predictions here about what
will actually make it onscreen, though.  Indie bio pics are indie bio pics.