RE: (TV) 'Don't Die' question?/radio interview

The Chili Peppers do it that way too.  Mostly John and Flea are the ones who come into practice w/ an idea.  And then a lot of times they jam around the idea and create a song from it.  Anthony listens to what tunes they come up with and any that he likes then he writes lyrics for.  Chad the drummer has said in an interview it's a great deal for him since he just does drums to fit.  But doesn't actually involve himself coming up w/ song material and gets equal credit anyway.

But thanks for all this good info everyone.  And I would very much like to listen to that Scottish radio interview w/ Hell if it can be found.  Tom also played that Rod McKuen song, The Beat Generation, when he was being DJ on that radio station WFMU? and he brought in a bunch of his records.