From: Leo Casey <LeoCasey@comcast.net>
Subject: Hell & Date of When Eno Sessions Occurred / RE: (TV) 'Don't  Die' +
Hell quotes on writing credits
To: tv@obbard.com

There's a couple of interesting tid-bits in the TRAX Hell interview referred
to by Deb (& found by Bob Beatty
http://www.trakmarx.com/2003_05/050_hell.htm ) I have been harping about
this for years:

Namely, that despite many (even some people on this List) claiming that the
Eno Sessions ("Double Exposure" boot) were recorded in December 1974, they
were not.  Hell saysd in the Interv. Segment below that those Eno Sessions
were recorded about a month before he left Television.  Hell's last show
with Television was at the Hippodrome, NYC on March 9, 1975.  Television did
not play another gig after that until CBGB, March 28 - 30 [potentially
allowing time for Fred Smith to rehearse with Television after leaving
Blondie].

Thunders and Jerry Nolan invited Hell to join The Heartbreakers on April 7
or 8, 1975. Source:  Nina Antonia's book, "The New York Dolls:  Too Much Too
Soon". Ironically, as The NY Dolls were disintegrating after their
disasterous (both financially and personally) mid-March, 1975 Florida Tour,
David Johansen, after flying back from Florida to NYC, invited Hell to join
The Dolls [pp. 174-174 Antonia] before Hell was invited to join The
Heartbreakers,

So, Hell quit Television sometime between March 10 and April 4, 1975.
Then using Hell's quote from the Deb/Beatty/TRAX Interview:
RICHARD HELL: The Eno sessions happened maybe a month before I quit. I'd
already been more or less squeezed out. There's nothing of mine on that tape
but a lame version of Blank Generation.

That would make the Eno Sessions happening somewhere between February 10,
1975 - March 10, 1975, and NOT December 1974.

Leo