RE: (TV) 'Don't Die' question?

hell got a credit for chinese rocks when it was released on "end of the
century" but I believe he no longer gets a credit for it. dee dee said that he
wrote the song, hell only wrote the 3rd verse (which wasnt used after hell
left the heartbreakers), thunders wrote the middle bit (which makes sense, but
doesnt make the song - so does he deserve a credit ?) and nolan arranged the
outro (which also makes sense to me, but it doesnt really make a credit). when
the heartbreakers version came out of course they all credited themselves! The
ramones shared songwriting credits no matter who wrote the song (which is a
good move if you are a band with aims for longeivity and want to keep the
lineup but the only bands I can think of that also did that have been REM and
....  the sex pistols! I'm sure theres others.) so its probably currently
credited to johnny/joey/dee dee (even though tommy was in the band when dee
dee wrote it - the ditched him as soon as he left the band even though he'd
written songs for the 4th album "what did I care, we werent selling anything
anyway" - I hope he gets paid now!)

and blank generation is a tom verlaine song, purely on the basis that it was
him that owned the single "beat generation" and not richard ! theres a cool
radio interview with richard hell from radio scotland when they play the
original single and talk to him about it, I can probably find it if its not
currently in the archives ?!

I think love comes in spurts/one track mind was always a walter lure riff so,
no cash for richard there (its personality crisis with one extra chord, so
maybe its really a johnny thunders riff) - its not really anything like hells
original love comes in spurts anyway

richard was over in glasgow recently and he had a great time, it was the
happiest and most natural I've ever seen him - he's a guy who's always
specifically thought about how he presents himself, but it was the first time
I've seen him actually comfortable with himself and not so much "being richard
hell"

http://www.richardhell.com/Glasgow2.html

> Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2012 14:19:50 -0700
> From: pobbard@yahoo.com
> Subject: Re: (TV) 'Don't Die' question?
> To: tv@obbard.com
>
> I'll have to check the credits when I am home, but I believe the 3 release
> Neon Boys tracks (all sung by Hell) are credited lyrics to Hell, music to
> Hell/Verlaine, but I could be wrong.
>
> There is a lot of looseness in credits
> back then; if Verlaine really did co-write the music for "High Heeled
Wheels",
> then he deserved a credit for "You Gotta Lose" that I am sure he does not
get.
> And who can forget how many tracks the Heartbreakers "borrowed" from Hell
once
> he left, or added their names to the credits? "Chinese Rocks" had his name
> stripped from the credits, "Love Comes in Spurts" was given new lyrics to
> become "One Track Mind", etc...
>
> --Phil

and