Re: (TV) 'Don't Die' question?

On 7/16/2012 12:27 AM, Murray Ramone wrote:
hell got a credit for chinese rocks when it was released on "end of the
century" but I believe he no longer gets a credit for it. dee dee said that he
wrote the song, hell only wrote the 3rd verse (which wasnt used after hell
left the heartbreakers), thunders wrote the middle bit (which makes sense, but
doesnt make the song - so does he deserve a credit ?) and nolan arranged the
outro (which also makes sense to me, but it doesnt really make a credit). when
the heartbreakers version came out of course they all credited themselves! The
ramones shared songwriting credits no matter who wrote the song (which is a
good move if you are a band with aims for longeivity and want to keep the
lineup but the only bands I can think of that also did that have been REM and
....  the sex pistols! I'm sure theres others.)

The Doors and The English Beat come to mind. Also the third Television album. It didn't seem to help much with longevity in the last two cases.