 De: Phil Obbard <pobbard@yahoo.com>
Para:
Enviado: jueves, 13 de septiembre
de 2012 0:33
Asunto: (TV) When Lawrence met Tom Verlaine

Long interview with
Lawrence, main voice behind Felt (80s), Denim (90s), and
Go Kart Mozart
(sporadically since late 90s, most recent album released this
summer), but he
mentions an awkward meeting with Tom Verlaine via Tom's
then-girlfriend, and
how he still considers MARQUEE MOON "my favorite album,
ever".
http://thequietus.com/articles/09948-lawrence-interview-felt-go-kart-mozart
Felt is famously Television-influenced, although I think that influence is
only really evident in some of their material. My favorite Felt record is the
final one, ME AND A MONKEY ON THE MOON, which briefly name-checks Hell and
Verlaine in "Mobile Shack". (My favorite Lawrence album, however, is the
decidedly un-Television-like BACK IN DENIM, and the new ON THE HOT DOG STREETS
is great, too).

--Phil