(TV) RE: David Todd's "Feeding Back" / Overlooking of the rhythmic by everyone

Leif,

Ebay wants $22 for this, and three public library systems/consortiums within
the Metro-Boston area do not have it (nor would I expect them to) so I guess
a 'Complete-ist" like me is out of luck.

Just Friday I was listening to a Swedish interview Verlaine did in March
1987 released via the "top-secret" Carried Away Tree-system [smile] many
moons ago.

Verlaine claims that the rhythm-guitar-playing on his songs (solo albums, he
doesn t discuss Television's 1st 2 albums) has always been overlooked.
Transcript of this part of the Interview below.

A separate, but terrible thought: At this point, I do not believe the 4th
Television album (the one that was finished about 2 years ago) will be
released until after Tom's death.

Leo

March 26 or 27, 1987 Sweden, FM-Radio Interview [just a snippet]:

Woman Interviewer: Your albums have this rhythm that is not da da da.  I
think that's the main thing in your music. The rhythm is much more important
than people normally speak about.

Tom Verlaine [TV] [Quite animated and in very interested voice]: Yes. ....
Actually you are saying something that very few people have noticed really.
Yeah these [my] solo albums.  Within the band we joke about this stuff all
the time.  They are all pretty much rhythm records.  They are not what I
like to call 'phony funk' . I mean there's a lot of phony funk music coming
out of England now ....  It's just so awful ...and out of NY as well.

On my records there was a lot energy [in the studio] spent and care taken to
the rhythms that these guitars are doing. I read these reviews [of my
albums] both good and bad .. some extreme, but no one ever picks up on the
fact that it is basically a .. a very basic 'boom-chic' kind of drum beat
and that there's very much a weave of guitars going on there .... rhythmic.
The rhythm of it all is very important.