Mea culpa / 98% / B- C+ / RE: (TV) Tom interview from 2006

RE: >And then, Leo Casey appears out of nowhere, adding insult to injury by
writing:

>?"Again I think the interviewer talking about the B-sides he bought (e.g.,
Shimmer')"

>1. "Shimmer" was NOT a B-side!

?2. "Shimmer" was NOT off "The Lost Album"!

>This is serious business, Leo. Get your facts right!

Guilty as charged.  It was an egregious error and it won't happen again.

All I can say in my defense is that after reading the interview 3 times (
very slowly), and then trying to come up with a theory to explain the
incredible statements/misquotes/mis-transcript(s)/interviewer-stupidity, my
head hurt so much I made the terrible Shimmer mistake.

I should've used Caveman-Flashlight or Call Me The as an example of the
interviewer's B-side mix-up/mindset, but the first example that popped into
my head for some reason was Shimmer, which of course was from The Wonder
sessions.

"The original tape [i.e., complete London Sessions aka The Lost Album],
which was given to Mr. X me by a mystery man Mr. Z featured the following
material:

Sixteen Tulips
The Scientist Writes A Letter (Version 1)
The Scientist Writes A Letter (Version 2)
Caveman Flashlight
Vanity Fair (short version)
Ah, Lee (real title not known)
One Time At Sundown (Version 1)
Anna
Vanity Fair (long version)
Anna (repeat of previous version)
Synth Piece 1 (from the Anna  recording)
Synth piece 2 (from the Anna recording)
Call Me The

RE your: Leo Casey appears out of nowhere

Hey! I never left or went away.  I still read every single post.  [smile]

I never got around to posting my promised list (and details) of the 25
longest live versions of 'Marquee Moon' [all over 15 min.+], but will do so
this weekend. BUT only if some of the hard core like Keith, Philip or
Maurice (and you know who you are) weigh in on this crazy interview.

I think your explanation, given in your last e-mail about how all these
crazy, wrong, and  contradictory statements, could all come together in this
one interview, has a probability of 98% of being what actually happened.
Especially if the interviewer waited months before looking at his notes or
transcribing.  So I salute you because as a result of your last e-mail my
head is no longer spinning (and I am 95% serious).

Leo

PS: To Glenn: Yes WFTF is a great song, even better live.  I probably should
not have said 2nd worst I should have said 5th or 6th favorite (out of 8,
I'm not including the 2 instrumental albums or Miller s Tale in the 8) solo
albums.

But I really hate Clear It Away and esp. Present Arrived (maybe his worst
song ever IMHO).  The tortuously long live Days On The Mountain at his shows
ate up so much of TV's usual allotted 75-80 minutes on stage. These chewed
up minutes, devoted to Days On The Mtn, could have been better spent on
including 4-5 shorter, more interesting, and rarer-live songs.

Philip once gave a short but very harsh critique of the album: "WFTF is
Verlaine musically treading water .. ".  I like all the other songs and
definitely like it better than The Wonder or The Lost Album.  IMHO, Even
TV's B or C+ albums are better than some people's A's.  His C+ albums are
like sex: even when it's mediocre it's still pretty good.