 From: Murray Ramone
<murrayramone@hotmail.com>
To: tv@obbard.com
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2013
6:52 PM
Subject: RE: (TV) New Heartbreakers box

I've played it lots since i
got it, the remastered disk 2 the most oddly
enough - it sounds great here.
disk 1 you have already, disk 3 you mostly have
but the bits you dont have you
need, disk 4 you mostly dont have and its
interesting to see how different the
mixes could be (will I play it again in 6
months though ?) .... and the
booklet is really good.

if it was a book, you'd buy it
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HEARTBREAKERS-L-A-M-F-Definitive-Edition-4xCD-box-s
et-Johnny-Thunders-LAMF-/221154079538

> Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 16:59:31 -0500
> From: serovner@mindspring.com
> To: tv@obbard.com
> Subject: Re: (TV) New
Heartbreakers box

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/17326-johnny-thunders-the-heartbreakers-l
amf-the-lost-77-mixes-special-edition/

box

> >Hi all,
> >
> >There's a new 4 CD box out focused on LAMF, the
Heartbreakers' sole
> >studio album, from 1977. Disc 3 has some tracks on
which Richard Hell
plays
> >bass, hence it's relationship to this list. But
for anyone interesting in
the
> >Heartbreakers in general...
> >
> >You can
hear samples
> >here:
http://www.amazon.com/L-A-M-F-The-Definitive-Edition-Box/dp/B00ARW7EMS/
brief breakdown:

> >Disc 1 is the LAMF "lost mixes" disc first released in
> >1994. The original release of LAMF, in 1977, was plagued with terrible
sound.
> >At the time, the production team thought this was the result of the
mix,
so
> >the band spent months remixing the tracks over and over to get a
better
sound.
> >Turns out the problem was mastering, but no-one figured that
out until
after
> >Johnny Thunders and Jerry Nolan were both dead... Anyway,
this disc is
still
> >the best way to hear this material; better than the
original release and
> >better than the mid-80s remix known as LAMF REVISITED.
> >
> >Disc 2 is a apparently
> >the original LAMF release, mastered properly.
This sounds interesting, but
> >there were countless mixes of this record in
an attempt to get around the
> >mastering issue. Not sure any set is more
"original" than any others.

> >Disc 3
> >is a "demos" disc. Most of this
disc has been released elsewhere, covering
> >1976 and early 1977, but the
first 4 tracks date from Richard Hell's only
demo
> >session with the
Heartbreakers, in late '75 or early '76. The Hell tracks
are
> >not included
here -- most have been released elsewhere -- but 3
> >never-before-released
Johnny Thunders tracks from the session w/Hell kick
off
> >the disc. They've
circulated among collectors for years, but again, this
is
> >their first
official release.

> >Disc 4 is an "alternative mixes" disc. As I
>
>mentioned before, the LAMF material was remixed countless times in 1977
while
> >they tried to (unknowingly) work around the mastering issue. A whole bunch
of
> >these mixes are collected here. Not sure if any have been previously
released.
> >I'd file this set under "I'm interested, but...". I've already
bought the
LAMF
> >material a few times over -- the old LAMF revisited disc,
the original
single
> >disc issue of the LOST MIXES in 1994, and the deluxe
edition of the LOST
MIXES
> >in 2002 (which add a second CD of demos and
alternate mixes, some of which
are
> >repeated on Disc 3, but not sure if all
are). I've also got the DOWN TO