(TV) RE: Real fans travel far/Fans should get their act together!

 Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 07:48:48 -0800
> From: postitnote@sbcglobal.net
> Subject: RE: Real fans travel far/ Dreaming? / Japan in May / RE: (TV)
Television* concerts 2013
> To: tv@obbard.com
>
> So Leif, are you planning on going then?

It depends! It depends on time, money and energy! But I will certainly not
count out the possibility of a trip to Japan this spring!

What I think is sad to realise is that fans of a Television (and Tom Verlaine)
may just sit on their hands, hoping for the the artists to come to THEIR
hometown so that they conveniently can take their car or a bus or a train to
the concert venue and then head back home and go to sleep and have sweet
dreams in their own beds. Part of being a fan -- a *real* fan -- may be to do
some sacrificing to be able to experience the artists live. Given the very
irregular performances of Television (even when Lloyd was in the band) and
Verlaine's film music project, both regarding dates and locations, could
anyone really be surprised that all of a sudden, Television will show up in
Japan, of all places? I may add here that even though Television has played in
nearby Lund and the Roskilde festival outside Copenhagen, I've also traveled
to Berlin and London to see them. Had the circumstances been the same as with
Graham Parker & the Rumour, that Television would have reunited for a US-only
tour after 30 years, I would have gone overseas too, that's for sure.

It doesn't take a millionaire to travel to the US for a European; not for an
American to travel to Europe either. Neither does it take a genius either to
plan ones household economy. Do that, and then suddenly there will be money
enough to book a flight ticket. If someone need some advises how to cut
expenses and so on, let me know and I'll be happy to assist!

Leif J, Sweden