Re: Real fans travel far/ Dreaming? / Japan in May / RE: (TV) Television* concerts 2013

I consider myself a *real* fan but a trip to Japan is just not in the cards for me, because I don't have enough *real* money. I've traveled to London more than once to see Television and to Dublin also,from NYC. But Japan is not going to happen. Unfortunately. But I still consider myself a real fan.

So Leif, are you planning on going then?

I just mean -- nothing is impossible in this world. Not even
for *real* fans
to travel to faraway countries to see their favourite
artists. That's, after
all, what make these fans *real* fans.

Nothing I want to brag about, really... but anyway: In
November this Swede
travelled to the US to see Graham Parker's reunion with the
Rumour. Yes, all
the way from Sweden to Annapolis, MD and Philadephia, PA.
This Swede did this
because he's a *real* fan of Graham Parker, and he had the
urge to see the
Rumour in action since he missed them the first time they
were around, +30
years ago.

I have to say that the American audience at Theatre of
Living Arts in Philly
sucked (they spoke during the entire show, and when I tried
to hush a young
woman down, she told me to f-ck off), but that's not to say
that Americans in
general are threatening or hostile towards foreigners and/or
Europeans. Same
probably with Japanese audiences. They might not look
exactly like most of us
on this list, but that should not keep neither me nor Mr Leo
J Casey nor
anyone else on this list from going to Tokyo to see
Television. Not if we're
*real* fans!

Leif J, Sweden

> From: LeoCasey@comcast.net
> To: tv@obbard.com
> Subject: Dreaming? / Japan in May / RE: (TV)
Television* concerts 2013
> Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 09:25:30 -0500
>
> RE: Television (Mk III) playing in Japan this May 3-4.
>
> I, 2013 wonder if there's any chance they/ll play in
NYC before May in
> Japan 2013 (like around March 20-22 as they did in
2002, 2003 & 2004)?