 From: Joe Hartley <jh@brainiac.com>
To: tv@obbard.com
Sent: Saturday, January 26, 2013 10:35 AM
Subject: Re: (TV)
Phew!

On Sat, 26 Jan 2013 18:38:14 +1100
Glenn Cooper
<glennwaynecooper@gmail.com> wrote:

http://www.thekillingmoon.com/2013/01/david-carr-is-simply-too-cool-to-be.html
Another in a long line of "Tom's an a-hole and/or Richard's nucking futs"
stories.  I get it, and I don't care.  I don't choose my music based
on
whether the performer is a nice guy/girl, I choose it by what comes
out of my
speakers and gets in my ears.

I would wager that most of the people I listen
to have a dendency to
be difficult in one degree or another.  Unless they want
me to play for
them (ha!) their personality doesn't make much of a
difference.  I
might change my mind if I find someone's a hateful person or a
racist,
but I find that people like that tend not to make music I listen to.
I liked Carr's statement, Television is always my internal soundtrack
when I'm
in NYC, I don't know that those 4 people would have made music
that sounds
like *that* if they were in Topeka or San Francisco or
Miami.  I'm not sure
why the guy who writes the killing joke felt
the need to take someone else's
statement and make it an ad homenim
attack on Tom.  Scroom.