De: Bob Beatty <bobjb2002@yahoo.ca>
Para: tv@obbard.com
Enviado: lunes, 4 de febrero de 2013 22:20
Asunto: Re: (TV) Tom's '58 Jazzmaster

I recall a Tom interview somewhere where he explained he first picked up a
Jazzmaster largely due to "economics". He liked Fenders, & said  it was about
the cheapest Fender one could buy 2nd-hand in the early '70s. At that time it
was apparently an unloved, unpopular guitar (Tom, & later Thurston Moore, &
others helped changed that). If I remember correctly, Tom said he paid
something like a mere $150 for one back then. Makes me wish I'd invested a
little money in some vintage guitars in the 1970s! And I did read some Tom
comment where he said his Jazzmaster was hard to keep in tune (as Joe
mentions).