 From: leif joley <leifjoley@hotmail.com>
To:
tv@obbard.com
Sent: Friday, September 28, 2012 6:40 AM
Subject: RE: (TV) Tom
interview from 2006

The complications about the follow-up to "Cover" is
well-known, with all the
recordings that were later used as B-sides, but I
wasn't aware that Verlaine
didn't approve of the mix. That said: Personally,
I've never had any problems
with the "Flash Light" sound. To me, it's not
especially "80's", and if it is,
then I think the production (and mixing)
makes full justice to these songs.
Big, loud, blaring, with many guitar
playing things going on throughout. To
me, it makes for a LP that's in my
personal grading is tied on a second place
(together with "Dreamtime") if
we're talking about his solo catalogue -- but
none can challenge the first one
as being the best one.

Leif J, Sweden

> Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 11:17:43
-0700

To: tv@obbard.com

> Fabulous post, Deb. I've only read the first couple
pages and have to leave
> the rest for later, but this a great find!
>
> Russ
Van Rooy

http://televisionmusic.livejournal.com/4816.html

> > I just thought it was
an interesting read and Tom seems more talkative