RE: (TV) T.V.'s Loathing of Bootlegs /ARROW / ' Ain't That Nothin' '

I am finally getting around to responding to some older posts:

Philip wrote:
> ARROW must have been one of the first Television boots (as in, pressed on
>vinyl) ever, right?

Yes.  With the Eno Sessions and the bootleg named Poor Circulation maybe
being the only ones older (although NY Stories might also predate the ARROW
boot.  Anyone know?).

I got my Arrow Rerun during a trip to NYC in November 1981 (to see Verlaine
at The Ritz) at Bleecker Bob's in the Village.  I was in heaven when I first
played it on a good hi-fi system.  I played it so much I pretty much wore
out the vinyl; however, I was able to buy another brand-new copy [in Boston
I think] and then immediately recorded the new copy on a good TEAC
Reel-To-Reel, and then always played the tape and kept the 2nd vinyl ARROW
as precious back-up.

When the ROIR Cassette came out in 1982 I was, of course, very disappointed
in the audio quality, but the performances were so outstanding I gave some
original copies to friends who had never heard of Television.  In 1982, was
so impressed with Richard's Lloyd song ending solo on the ROIR cassette on
'Ain't That Nothin'' that I tried "grafting-on" his ending-solo [sadly on
all versions of the March 20, 1978 Show including officially released and
remastered cds his solo is prematurely faded-out!] onto the end of another
version and put it on one of my dance-party Reel-To-Reel tapes to get
party-goers off of their asses.

Those were the days.  :>)

Leo