Re: (TV) THEE DIRTYBEATS version of Television's version of the 13th Floor Elevators' "Fire Engine"

Thanks Phil, can definitely relate to the kids thing.  They fill your home
with life.

We had a lot of fun recording the Thee Dirtybeats' debut, especially "Fire
Engine".  There's also a hidden bonus track we're especially proud of, a
cover of The Kink's "See My Friends", that features an extended psychedelic
workout and a fade-to-reverb-washout ending we copped from The Monkee's
"Pleasant Valley Sunday".  God that was fun.

The past 1.5 years have been lively for me as well.  Last two summers I
conducted this massed-guitar thing in Chapel Hill (nearly 3 dozen
guitarists +  a cellist + a full drum kit), and a year ago I relocated
myself and my other band, Boat Burning, from Chapel Hill to DC.

As Calvin once said, "the days are packed"...

Best,

-A

THEE DIRTYBEATS - Maximum vintage garage
http://www.theedirtybeats.com

TRIANGLE RHYSING - Music for massed guitars
http://www.trianglerhysing.com

BOAT BURNING - Slo-burn, damaged psychedelia + full-on improv
http://www.boatburning.com