Re: (TV) Television quandary: mystery Television track from Cat's Cradle set in 1983 in Chapel Hill NC

On Fri, 22 Mar 2013 10:15:43 -0700 (PDT)
Jesse Hochstadt <jesseh58@yahoo.com> wrote:

> When I went to download this, I noticed the file has a ".rar.exe" extension. I
> would never open a possibly untrustworthy file with an "exe" at the end. Can
> someone tell me what's up with this?

It's *probably* a self-extracting archive, but you're probably right to
be cautious about it.  You should be able to use whatever your choice of
RAR unpacking program is on it to get to the underlying file.

I downloaded it to a Linux machine which unpacked it for me fine, I never
ran it as an executable.