RE: (TV) "Beef" between Hell and Lloyd?

Point taken -- but this doesn't explain why Hell would refer to Lloyd as
someone who "never much cared about the quantity of factual content" in
stories he told journalists, and why Hell seems to have such low thoughts
about Lloyd. Lloyd seems to have no redeeming qualities at all -- unlike most
other people mentioned on the pages. Lloyd is among a very short list of
individuals -- reporters Julie Burchill and Tony Parsons, and Jahn Xavier, the
former bassist of the Voidoids -- about whom Hell has absolutely nothing good
to say. I just wonder: Why? It's obvious what came between Verlaine and Hell,
but between Lloyd and Hell?

Since Hell doesn't tell the reader precisely what Lloyd should have
fabricated, it *may* be about Hendrix; as we do know, this connection between
Lloyd and Hendrix was for decades a well-kept story -- actually, it appeared
just a few years ago, prior to the release of his Hendrix record -- and quite
a few people questioned the substance of it. Another option *may* be the
stories Lloyd have told about his difficult post-Television years until he
rehabilitated himself -- in Sweden, of all places -- but since Hell wants us
to know that Lloyd got into Television in the first place thanks to Terry
Ork's sexual desires... then perhaps the gay-hustling part is not what Hell's
thinking about.

Entertaining and well-written as Hells's memoir is, I do of course not count
out the possibility that he's taking liberties with the truth himself. But he
does sometimes admit that his memory fails him; for instance, he's not
absolutely sure about if he was the first Television member to approach Hilly
Kristal outside CBGB's. Also, I find it rather strange when he write that he
has worked with some of the greatest guitarists ever -- Verlaine, Thunders and
Quine. Who in his right mind would omit Lloyd from that list? Matthew Sweet
certainly knew what he did when in the 90's he enrolled Quine and Lloyd (and
Ivan Julian) to his group.

Leif J, Sweden