Re: (TV) on who wrote what

"Anyone whose tastes are different from yours, I guess.  It's all subjective and there aren't any artists who meet with 100% approval.  Richard Lloyd is a great technician on the guitar, something I suspect means little to Richard Hell.  Verlaine, Quine, and Thunders are all unique voices as guitarists. Since Hell has suggested that Tom Verlaine was the musical director of Television,  and since most reports have their usual method of working as Verlaine would write the songs and give the others at least a rough idea of what he wanted that they would then flesh out, it's possible that Hell sees the most interesting part of Richard Lloyd's playing as a result of Tom Verlaine's influence."

In response to this:  I just read an interview w/ Tom the other day where someone was describing their view of the differences between him and LLoyd to Tom.  And his reaction was to them, that he disagreed w/ what they said and told them that he had also written out Lloyd's parts too.  And I believe he also once said he would work out the two parts first on piano.  LLoyd may have embellished them.

I may have not posted that interview up here, so I'll have to try and locate it again.