RE: (TV) Marquee Moon producer Andy Johns has passed away

Did anyone notice how Andy Johns' death was never mentioned on the TV news?...just talking about Thatcher and Annette Funicello.  Personally I think his passing should have been mentioned.  Even if the name wasn't real well known to the general public, the albums would have been.