(TV) Verlaine did WHAT?!

Came to think about what was probably the most outrageous claim by Richard
Lloyd in that recently Youtube'd interview -- that Verlaine tried to get
Elektra to sign only *him*, not the entire band. I was familiar with most
other accusations from Lloyd, but this... has this been mentioned before?
Verlaine really tried to do that? Who found out, and when? The other ones in
the group were pragmatic, forgave the leader for this atrocious behaviour, and
then went on, playing with him for decades?

I have to say that if it *is* true, then I'm tempted to join the
Verlaine-bashing segment of this list!

Leif J, Sweden