Seriously Doubt Richard's Charge Against Verlaine / RE: (TV) Verlaine did WHAT?!

RE: I have to say that if it *is* true, then I'm tempted to join the
Verlaine-bashing segment of this list!

I very seriously doubt this charge of Lloyd's against Verlaine.

I either own or have read 99.9% of every article or interview about
Television and Verlaine that has ever been written [some more than once],
and this is the first time I have ever hear of this particular accusation
from Richard Lloyd.

I know there's a lot of bad feelings from some members of the MM List about
Verlaine not releasing Television's 4th (already recorded eons ago] album,
and Television [Mk III) not playing in the U.S. or Europe since June 2007.
And I know Verlaine can be a real ass, but don't let both of those facts
make you susceptible to lies about the man.

Moreover, consider its source; Richard hatred/jealousy of Verlaine has
been/is pretty virulent, and Lloyd has been caught fabricating stories and
spreading mistruths before.

Most important of all: Given Verlaine's close relationships (friendships)
with Fred Smith and Billy Ficca during the time period time of Lloyd 's
charge as well as their long and on-going good friendshipss), I find it hard
to believe Verlaine would have dumped his two close friends (yes, he
jettisoned Hell but that was over musical differences and Hell's amateurish
bass playing).

Unless Fred Smith or Ficca were to confirm Richard's charge, I seriously
doubt its veracity.

Leo