(TV) Re: Seriously Doubt Richard's Charge Against Verlaine / RE: (TV) Verlaine did WHAT?!

On 11/04/2013 12:35, Leo Casey wrote:
> Richard hatred/jealousy of Verlaine has
> been/is pretty virulent, and Lloyd has been caught fabricating stories and
> spreading mistruths before.
Jealousy?

What fabrications would those be?

BTW, I'm certainly /not/ attacking /you /here, Leo.

And I'm not  a "Verlaine-basher"; I yield to no-one in my appreciation
of his talents, skills and vision. I think he was at his fiery peak in
the mid-80s and then he lost the urge or the will to keep trying and
he's just content to coast. Or perhaps he is too lazy or only interested
in the money now? Who knows? I'm just not inclined to accept his version
of the "truth" over those of anyone else involved in the story/stories
or to refuse to believe anything unpleasant about the man. And I've
heard enough things from others to make me question the official story.
I took the story we've been discussing to mean that the company was only
really interested in 'capturing' Verlaine and he was willing to go along
with it. Wouldn't be the first time it's happened to a band that seems
to have a 'leader'.

I dunno...I just wish that all we had to talk about was how great their
latest recording is.